I am a graphic designer, copywriter and marketing consultant with three decades of experience. Working remotely or on-site, I help clients successfully market their product or service with a broad range of visual branding, identity design, and writing.
Thanks to the magic of the internet I can help no matter where you may be located. My services include creative direction, art direction, brand identity, logo design, icon design, illustration, copywriting, blog writing, email design, email marketing, branding and brand guidelines, marketing consultation, creative consultation, social media design, infographics, digital design, publication design, and print advertising.
I’m experienced with Salesforce, HubSpot, Influitive, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, SEM/SEO, and b2b marketing.
Graphic Design: Photoshop/Affinity Photo, Illustrator/Affinity Designer, InDesign/Affinity Publisher, InCopy, Acrobat PDF
Web Design: Dreamweaver, WordPress, HTML, Joomla
Video: After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition
Business: Salesforce, HubSpot, Cvent, Influitive, Smartsheet, Microsoft Office
Hagler Design (on and off since 1988)
Helping clients successfully market their product or service with a broad range of visual branding and identity design. Small business WordPress sites a specialty.
Brand Identity | Logo & Icon Design | Content & Copywriting
Dexter + Chaney 2011 – 2017
Create content for
- Design and produce all advertising and marketing collateral. Oversee all aspects of company branding ensuring that visual communication standards are met across various media.
- Create concepts, artwork, and layout for the company website and other online projects. Redesign of the corporate website to accurately reflect company goals and identity.
- Write clear and compelling content, including product brochures, application briefs, web copy, promotional copy, and e-newsletters.
- Responsible for shooting and editing original videos; scheduling, budgeting and directing video projects, and hiring and managing freelance videographers and video editors as needed. Create the polished video by editing raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics
Oser-Bentley Custom Publishers 2008 – 2010
Established new custom division in Dallas, TX for a Tucson, AZ-based specialty publisher. In the first year cultivated accounts worth in excess of $1.5 million.
- Researched potential clients, developed presentation materials, and presented concepts.
- Created new magazine parameters including title, design approach, and editorial content.
- Worked closely with clients to set up editorial calendars, best practices, and workflows.
- Provided editorial and design direction to Tucson-based staff and freelance creative.
- Coordinated setup of a new office including locating office space and purchasing of furniture, equipment, software services.
QuestCorp Media Group, Inc. 2005 – 2008
Provided leadership and creative vision for the company’s growing family of custom publications representing more than $3.5 million in annual revenue. Developed new custom magazine titles both internally and for external clients. Drove development of the company’s various marketing initiatives including branding, email marketing, and website.
- Managed six employees including designers, Web developer, and traffic coordinator.
- Oversaw all aspects of design for more than 4,500 editorial pages annually.
- Interpreted the client’s communication strategies and created custom communications aligned with those needs.
- Oversaw restructure of design department and transition from Quark to InDesign/InCopy workflow.
- Instigated best practices including design style guides, publication reviews, and improved workflows resulting in decreased turn times and a reduction in errors.
Physicians’ Education Resource / Cancer Information Group 2002 – 2005
Supervised the development and production of five specialty-focused internationally peer-reviewed medical journals. Quickly promoted with duties expanded to more than 50 newsletter titles, Web-based initiatives, and international conference marketing.
- Managed 10 employees including designers, Web developers, and medical illustrator.
- Oversaw development and launch of new journal targeting supportive therapy, bringing the number of journals to six.
- Directed development of corporate websites including online registration for conferences, pay-per-view access to journal and newsletter materials, and coordination of online CME testing.
- Broadened the scope of corporate advertising materials and sales collateral.
- Instigated a range of systems and workflows to facilitate the timely and accurate publication of highly sensitive medical information in a fast-paced publishing environment.
United News and Media, plc (Trader Publishing Company) 1988 – 2002
Throughout tenure, consistently promoted to higher levels of responsibility within the various divisions of the company. Proven ability to foster a strong team atmosphere, encourage growth, and increase revenues. Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts and develop new product offerings.
Marketing Director (1999 – 2002)
Oversaw the corporate image for a group of 51 publications covering more than 180 markets nationwide. Coordinated all national advertising including print placement, national promotions, and trade shows.
- Managed five employees including regional managers, designer, and event coordinator.
- Directed production of corporate newsletters for both design and sales.
- Instrumental in million-dollar redesign and launch of the corporate website.
- Administered budget in excess of $500,000 for national trade shows and events.
Advertising Manager (1996 – 1999)
Developed award-winning media kit and other promotional materials. Oversaw design work of more than 60 graphic designers nationwide. Implemented creative and legal guidelines for the development of marketing materials.
- Key role in the development of ActivePhoto; $488,000 revenue produced in the first year.
- Liaison between national sales offices and regional production facilities.
- Implemented “Train-the-Trainer” program for design staff.
Corporate Promotions and Design Coordinator (1992 – 1995)
Key member of the corporate marketing department. Initiated concept and oversaw implementation of Current® audio-ad system creating $10 million in annual revenue.
- Developed core concepts for corporate website taking all printed publications online, thus creating $4 million in additional annual revenue.
- Active role in new-publications launch team responsible for the successful launch of five new titles; created direct mail and prelaunch marketing collateral and promotions.
- Created sales and marketing materials for 40 offices nationwide.
Senior Graphic Designer (1989 – 1992)
Responsible for the design of niche marketing for the apartment industry.
- Coordinated the successful merger of two competing publications.
- Improved market image and increased annual billing.
- Developed workflow processes for the efficient production of multiple magazine titles increasing quality and productivity.
BFA, Graphic Design Stephen F. Austin State University, 1987
Excellent communication and math skills. Proficient in both Mac and PC environment. Strong leadership and team-building skills. Competent presenter and trainer.